Monday, July 13, 2009

Can Flouride in Our Drinking Water Harm Our Long Term Health?

Flouride in our drinking water has been a hot topic for some time now, and with more research pointing to dangerous side effects with our increased use of it, even the World Health Organization recommends lowering the levels. It is now in 60% of American supplies and flouride in our drinking water was originally added to help prevent tooth decay in children. The problem now is that many packaged products and the toothpaste we use today contains fluoride and so we are at risk of over dosing on it and the type that is added is a by product of the aluminum industries and is very toxic.

The American Dental association recommends that babies less than 1 year old should not have fluoridated water added to their food or formulas due to the risk of dental flurosis or damage to the tooth surface. Studies have linked flouride in our drinking water to lowered IQs in children, genetic damage, brain impairment and cancer, with no concrete proof that it actually helps prevent tooth decay anymore.

With research showing how we have over 2000 toxic chemicals in our supply including pesticides, herbicides, chlorine and prescription drugs, the fluoride is certainly bad but by no means the worst! For protection, a home water filtration is the easiest, most effective and most economical way to have safe, healthy water for you and your family. With the risk so great and the solution so simple, why take the chance?

The only ones able to effectively remove all the toxins and the only type the EPA recommends is a carbon block filter which actually chemically binds many of the toxins to its surface. The very best use a multi-stage process with ion exchange to remove at least 60% of the flouride in our drinking water, keeping it to very safe levels and around 99% of all the other harmful contaminants. This way you get great tasting healthy water without the worry.


lina said...

Oh,no. I didn't notice this before. I must be more becareful now.